Devin and Mark, still in quarantine after a month, take stock of how the pandemic has temporarily (and perhaps permanently) transformed the entertainment industry and our relationship to it.
Topics include: Film and TV production; SNL and late-night shows recorded remotely; movie theater closures; scrambled release calendars and canceled events; what the future may hold for pop culture devotees like us; and, finally, Drake.
Some further reading:
- Deadline: What will happen on film/TV sets once they do eventually resume production
- New York Times: Reporting on possibilities for fall movies and the Oscars
- IndieWire: Steven Soderbergh leading a DGA committee on restarting production
- Los Angeles Times: Film sets are notoriously unsanitary
- Vulture: What happens for the rest of the year?